There is an old Celtic church in Britway graveyard. The church is made of yellow sandstone and measures 31ft x 18ft. The surrounding graveyard dates from the Medieval period and contains the graves of Fr. Cornelius O’Brien, who was parish priest of Castlelyons from 1670 to 1720, and Liam Rua Mac Coitir, a locally famous poet who lived from 1675 to 1738.
Also located within the graveyard is an interesting Ogham Stone which dates from some point between the 4th and 6th centuries. This frames Britway as an Early Ecclesiastical site.
Britway is also the site of a holy well, which is still visited for prayer rounds every August.